3′ 10″ x 6′ 9″ A beautiful Shirvan Caucasian Kazak rug in a repeated floral pattern. The design is set in a dark blue abrash color field with geometric designs in rows throughout. There is a red band on one of the rugs which is the "abrash" result of the use of natural vegetable dyes which overtime gradually age and develop a patina. This is a sought after effect that shows the creative process in making this wonderful village woven art.
- Dimensions: 3′ 10″ x 6′ 9″
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 19th Century
- Place of Origin: Caucasus
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use