2’ 6” x 4’ 5" A beautiful Yomut Chuval bag from the early 1900s. The Chuval bag front is the traditional 3 3 Turkment Gul (Flower or Medallion) design in red, green, brown, and blue. The back of the Chuval is a kilim in narrow stripes designed in navy blue, green, red, and orange. The Yomut Chuval bag is part of a “near-identical” pair (1844A And 1844B).
- Dimensions: 2’ 6” x 4’ 5"
- Date of Manufacture: 1st Quarter of the 1900s
- Place of Origin: Central Asia
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with organic dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use