6' 2" x 6' 8" A beautiful Pennsylvania American Coverlet from the mid 1800s. The American Coverlet has large format floral design in red, blue and green set on an ivory color background. The American coverlets became very popular during the early to mid part of the 1800s. The Four color coverlet has a pale yellow background with alternating rows of flower heads in navy blue and red with leaves in green color. A Jacquard loom was used to hand weave the coverlet. They were made special because the weaver was able to weave the name of the person ordering the coverlet in the lower left or right hand corner of the coverlet.
- Dimensions: 6' 2" x 6' 8"
- Date of Manufacture: 2nd Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: NE, America
- Material: Wool and Cotton
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use