6’ 11″ x 12’ 5″ Vintage Karabagh Kilim gallery or room size rug with large floral design and vibrant colors from the early 1900s. The kilim has bright and beautiful colors used in the two floral bouquets that cover the dark chocolate /brown field. The floral design colors include bright red, orange, ivory, pink, and black. The border is in a khaki color with small designs. The Karabagh area in the Southern Caucasus region is known for the use of vibrant colors in their rugs and kilims . The overall design and color implementation in Karabagh rugs and kilims often resemble French impressionist paintings of the 1800s. This item can be resized and custom finished including serge the sides and bind the ends if desired.
- Dimensions: 6’ 11″ x 12’ 5″
- Date of Manufacture: 2nd Quarter 20th Century
- Place of Origin: Caucasus
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use