4’ 1” x 5’ 2” Mid 19th century Persian Kerman Lavar area rug in floral design with ivory, red, and French blue colors. The rug has a gorgeous design and wonderful color combination. The rug has a central medallion in navy blue and caramel with floral designs in red set on a floral design in red and French blue on an ivory background. The corner spandrels are in antique red and caramel. The border is in a cream color with flower design throughout. Although the rug is worn it still has the beauty and shows the craftsmanship of Lavar weavers in the mid 1800s. The village of Lavar is near the city of Kerman on the edge of the great desert in South East Persia. Lavar carpets are world-renowned for their beauty in design and colors used which this carpet well represents.
- Dimensions: 4’ 1” x 5’ 2”
- Date of Manufacture: 3rd Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: SE Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation with organic dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use