4’ 1” X 4’ 2” A very rare Persian Tribal Sofreh Kilim from the early 1900s. The handwoven tribal kilim is from the Qashqai tribes in Southwest Persia. It is a very desirable square-size tribal kilim with natural organic dyes. The Sofreh Kilim was mostly woven by the tribes for their own use and therefore the number of such items is extremely limited. It would be used mainly at mealtime to put the serving dishes on them and the folks would sit around it. It would not be walked on and therefore it would stay clean and in good condition for an extended period, It is a beautiful piece of functional tribal weaving and is in wonderful condition.
- Dimensions: 4’ 1” X 4’ 2”
- Date of Manufacture: 1st Quarter of the 1900s
- Place of Origin: SW Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation with natural organic dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use