4’ 6” x 7’ 2” A vintage Persian Tabriz area rug in an allover cypress tree botanical design from the 2nd quarter of the 1900s. The cypress tree is considered a symbol of life in Persian culture. The trees are in avocado and pale olive green colors connected via branches and leaves in cream, carnation pink, yellow, cerulean blue, red, and gray all set in a brilliant magenta color field.. The rug has pale yellow colors with designs in blue, pink, green, red, and gray. Truly a beautiful area rug with a masterful overall artistry in design and use of colors.
- Dimensions: 4’ 6” x 7’ 2”
- Date of Manufacture: 2nd Quarter of the 1900s
- Place of Origin: NW Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use