3’ 5” x 5’ 6” The masterful design technique and use of organic vegetable dyes are clearly represented in this beautiful Cucasisan Kazak area rug from the late 1800s. The French blue field colors are a wonderful setting for the two large medallions that are in baby blue color. Various animal design is scattered throughout the field. The rug is “framed” with a colorful border in bright blue, red, yellow, and brown colors.
- Dimensions: 3’ 5” x 5’ 6”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: Caucasus
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Product inquires or to make an offer