3’ 2” X 4’ 6” A very rare and unique “near square size” handwoven Heriz Serapi area rug from the 1st quarter of the 1900s. The rug has a central medallion design in a red color field. It has the brilliant color scheme of Serapi rugs including shades of blue, green, pink, and red. The corner spandrels are in wonderful white color with designs in green, blue, and red colors. The border is in a navy blue color with design forms in green, blue, pink, and yellow.
- Dimensions: 3’ 2” X 4’ 6”
- Date of Manufacture: 3rd Quarter of the 1900s
- Place of Origin: NW Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation with organic vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use