5’ 8” x 8’ 9” One of the most unique colors and designs in any handwoven rugs from Persia. This Khorassan rug from NE Persia is from the last quarter of the 19th century and has a unique and exceptionally beautiful all-over symmetric Persian Garden design pattern with cypress trees. The cypress tree is known as "The Tree of Life" in the Persian culture and is a universal symbol of immortality. The unique crimson red field color and the abrash dark blue/green border and an allover design make this a wonderful piece of art on the floor. The rug has a thin pile and is in good condition especially for a rug over 100 years old. It is a piece of art that can be used not only as a functional but also decorative piece.
- Dimensions: 5’ 8” x 8’ 9”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: NE Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Product inquires or to make an offer