3’ 3” x 4’ 4” This beautiful Soumak horse blanket from Northwest Persia. It is clearly a free-form design that brings all these elements of the weaver’s personality and the environment in which they lived into their creation. It gives us the opportunity to travel to distant lands and imagine their lives. The bag face, saddlebag, horse blankets, and mafrash items started their lives as utilitarian items for use by the village or tribal weavers, and more than a century later they bring beauty and design as decorative items to our homes.
- Dimensions: 3’ 3” x 4’ 4”
- Date of Manufacture: 2nd Quarter of the 1900s
- Place of Origin: NW Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with organic dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use