3’ 4” x 5’ 1″ . Shahsavan Soumak Mafrash pieces are some of the most desired and collected forms of tribal weaving in the world. They are renowned for their beautiful colors and design. One usually sees only one of the panels but this piece has both side panels and the kilim section which forms the bottom of the bag. Truly a masterpiece of tribal creation. Mafrash describes a large carrying bag made by tribes to move their household items from one location to another from their seasonal moves.
- Dimensions: 3’ 4” x 5’ 1″
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: NW Persia
- Material: Wool on a wool foundation with natural dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use