2’ 10” x 5’ 8” 19th century Turkmen Yomut tribal rug from Central Asia in a geometric design pattern in dark red with accent colors in French blue, brown, and ivory. This Turkmen Yomut is one of the finest tribal weaves from the late nineteenth century. The simple chevron design in light blue and rust colors in a rust color field with a mihrab (prayer rug design) form on top makes for a true collectible piece.
- Dimensions: 2’ 10” x 5’ 8”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: Central Asia
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural organic vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use