1' 6″ x 2' 10″ 19th Century Persian Afshar Tribal Bagface used as Nomadic People Wall Art. It could have been the face of a saddlebag. The bag face and mafrash items started their lives as utilitarian items for the use by the village and tribal weavers and more than a century later they bring beauty and design as decorative items in our homes. The Afshar tribe in southern Persia are one of the oldest tribes in the world and have kept their nomadic way of life even today. They live in the area that has some of the oldest organized settlements or cities discovered in the world.
- Dimensions: 1' 6″ x 2' 10″
- Date of Manufacture: 4th quarter 19th Century
- Place of Origin: SW Persia
- Material: Wool on wool foundation
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use