3’ 8” X 6’ 3” A triple medallion Karachov Kazak area rug from the Caucasus region woven in the 4th quarter of the 1800s. The beauty of the rug is in having three large medallions each covering around one-third of the field and each having its own design and color scheme. Truly a masterpiece of village weaving from the late 1800s.
- Dimensions: 3’ 8” X 6’ 3”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: Caucasus
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural organic dyes
- Condition: Resized. Wear consistent with age and use