3’ 3” x 5’ 3” Vintage Native American Navajo Ganado Rug in Ivory, Pale Green, and Burgundy Color from the SW United States from the mid 1900s. Navajo rugs are generally flat woven with wool for the body of the rug and usually cotton foundation. Navajo weavers usually try to use natural organic dyes that are available around their tribal land. The Navajo rugs have geometric designs and the design and symbols have religious and cultural meanings. This rug has a beautiful red field with two medallions in green/gray colors. The border is cream color with designs in pale green color.
- Dimensions: 3’ 3” x 5’ 3”
- Date of Manufacture: 1st Quarter of the 1900s
- Place of Origin: SW, United States
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation with organic vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use. Small damage in one corner.