2' 6" x 5' 1" Vintage native American Navajo rug from the mid 1900s. This Navajo rug has a medallion design in red and white with a black border that covers most of the field which is in gray color. Navajo weavers use mostly natural organic dyes that are available around their tribal land. Although the rug can be used on the floor, it would bring a wonderful design if displayed on the wall. The Navajo rugs are often used as tapestry wall art.
Navajo rugs are generally flat woven with wool for the body of the rug and usually cotton foundation. Navajo weavers use natural organic dyes that are available around their tribal land. The Navajo rugs have geometric designs and the design and symbols have religious and cultural meanings.
- Dimensions: 2' 6" x 5' 1"
- Date of Manufacture: 3rd Quarter of the1900s
- Place of Origin: Southwest US
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use