1’ 8” x 1’ 10” The Shahsavan bag face from NW Persia was woven by the tribes in the late 1800s. It could have been either the face of a saddlebag or the side panels for a mafrash (large bag). It has kilim weaving and the soumak woven designs add to the decoration of the bag.
- Dimensions: 1’ 8” x 1’ 10”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: Northwest Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural organic dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use