8’ 10” x 11’ 6” A vintage Persian Bibikabad in Herati pattern in a rust red, French blue, and green colors from the early 1900s. The Bibikabad rugs are recognized for their unique and beautiful elongated medallions which is part of their signature design. The Bibikabad rugs are also known for the use of vibrant colors which are the result of the use of vegetable dyes. The primary colors in this antique Bibikabad include rust red in a Herati pattern field; French blue in the center medallion; salmon red in the border, and green in the corner spandrels. The rug has a thick full pile and in overall wonderful condition for a rug around one hundred years of age.
- Dimensions: 8’ 10” x 11’ 6”
- Date of Manufacture: 1st Quarter of the 1900s
- Place of Origin: NW Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation with organic dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use