4’ 3” x 8’ 6” The Chondsoresk carpet is from the mid-1800s from the village of Chondoresh in the Karabagh area of the Caucasus mountains. This beautiful Chondsoresk has two large "Cloudband" medallions and is set in an abrash green color which is extremely rare and highly sought after. It has beautiful geometric designs” in white, yellow, pink, red, and blue. The designs are set in a tomato red color field. Small geometric designs are in blue, green, yellow, and red colors.
- Dimensions: 4’ 3” x 8’ 6”
- Date of Manufacture: 3rd Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: Karabagh, Caucasus
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use