2’ 10” X 4’ 4” A Kazak area rug from the village of Fachralo in the southern Caucasus region. The rug has a red field with a large medallion in sage green. It has a cream border with geometric designs in blue, green, brown, and red. Truly a masterpiece of village weaving from the late 1800s.
- Dimensions: 2’ 10” X 4’ 4”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: Caucasus
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural organic dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use