11" x 24" x 1" A tribal salt bag for preserving and transporting salt during migration. In addition to rugs, the tribes make other weaving for other functional uses. Below are also examples of Baluch saddlebags and salt bags for transporting material and goods between their grazing and composites. Because of the rarity, these items have become very collectible and more often used as decorative arts.
- Dimensions: 11" x 24" x 1"
- Date of Manufacture: 2nd Quarter of the 1900s
- Place of Origin: SE Persia
- Material: Wool on a wool foundation with natural dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Product inquires or to make an offer