9’ 4” x 12’ 3” A near square size Persian Serapi from the late 1800s. The rug has a beautiful Serapi open and uncluttered design in a wonderful color combination. The background color is rust red with large format geometric forms. The design accent colors include baby blue, yellow, pale green, ivory and pink. Serapi rugs from Northwest Persia are highly desirable and very collectible. The Serapi rugs tend to have an open field design and brilliant colors. In addition, this rug with the bright yellow, blue, green, and other colors in the field and the border makes it one of the most desirable and sought-after rugs from collectors and designers.
- Dimensions: 9’ 4” x 12’ 3”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter 19th Century
- Place of Origin: Northwest Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use