3’ 7” X 5’ 2” A Caucasian Shirvan area rug with an extremely rare and beautiful medallion design. The Rug’s design is similar to the Bakhshish and Serapi rugs from NW Persia. The rug has a red field with a large medallion in royal blue. The corner spandrels are in Navy blue with four paisley design forms in different colors at each end. Truly a masterpiece of village weaving from the late 1800s.
- Dimensions: 3’ 7” X 5’ 2”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: Caucasus
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural organic dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use