8'10" x 11’8" This Heriz rug from the 4th quarter of the 19th century shows the workmanship of the Azerbaijan village weavers of Northwest Persia. The Heriz has an open field design with the light yellow color in the spandrels and in the corners the brilliant colors of turquoise blue and red, green, pink which make this truly an outstanding design and color scheme.
- Dimensions: 8'10" x 11’8"
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: Northwest Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use