4′ 5″ x 10′ 5″ Vintage Karabagh Kilim runner with large floral designs and vibrant colors from the early 1900s. The kilim runner has bright and beautiful colors used in the three bouquets of flowers that cover the dark chocolate field. The floral design colors include bright green, orange, red, pink, and yellow. The border is in a khaki color with small designs. The Karabagh area in the Southern Caucasus region is known for the use of vibrant colors in their rugs and kilims . The overall design and color implementation in Karabagh rugs and kilims often resemble French impressionist paintings of the 1800s.
- Dimensions: 4′ 5″ x 10′ 5″
- Date of Manufacture: 2nd Quarter of the 1900s
- Place of Origin: Caucasus
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use