2′ 8″ x 3′ 7″ Luri (the tribal name for people in the Fars province of western Persia) Mafrash (large storage bag) from the late 1800s in great condition especially since it was used as a saddlebag. Mafrash describes a large carrying bag (duffel bag) made by tribes to move their large household items from one location to another during their seasonal moves from highlands to lowlands. The large designs and the vibrant colors in the body and border make this a beautiful piece to be displayed on the wall.
- Dimensions: 2′ 8″ x 3′ 7″
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: NW Persia
- Material: Wool on a wool foundation
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Product ID: 1293