4’ 8” x 6’ 6” A “blue and cream” toned Persian Malayer area rug from the late 1800s. The rug has a beautiful classic design, The use of organic vegetable dyes and the resulting abrash colors add to the grace and beauty of the rug. The rug has an elongated medallion in pale blue set in a cream color diamond shape field. The border is in a pale salmon color with designs in pale blue, brown, and cream colors. The corner spandrels are in navy blue with a Herati design.
- Dimensions: 4’ 8” x 6’ 6”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: NW Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation with organic dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use