6′ 5″ x 14′ 8" This Bidjar (Bijar) gallery (corridor) rug is a great example of the art of Persian rug weaving from the last quarter of the 1800s. The Bidjar (Bijar) rug is a very unique and extremely desirable abrash rust color open field design. The border is in navy blue color. The central medallion and the corner spandrels designs bring beautiful colors such as green, brown, and light blue set in a navy blue background. Truly a great combination of colors, design, and the very finest workmanship
- Dimensions: 6′ 5″ x 14′ 8"
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: NW Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use