3’ 7” x 7’ 10” At the first glance, the scattered design of animal and geometric forms are hidden because of the prominence of the medallions in various colors. But upon closer examination, the forms beautifully “pop up” and bring a whimsical and happy sense to the design of this village handwoven art. The Kazak rug from the Caucasus region has a palette of bright colors of orange, white, and blue in a field of brown/rust that in harmony with the white border makes a beautiful combination. Truly a masterpiece for a rug over 100 years old.
- Dimensions: 3’ 7” x 7’ 10”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: Caucasian
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use.
Product ID: 1076
Product inquires or to make an offer