4’ 5” x 2’ A beautiful Ningxia saddle cover from the western China circa the 3rd quarter of the 19th century. The antique saddle cover is in wonderful condition for an item being over one hundred years of age and used. The design in the indio blue field consists of two circular medallions on either side of two pairs of leather holders within an auspicious symbol border. The saddle cover has a cloth backing that has the impressions of the saddle which gives one the chance to imagine the places it has been over a century. Ningxia is a ‘wool town’ in north-central China, bordering Gansu and Inner Mongolia. It is a beautiful item as a wall decoration.
- Dimensions: 4’ 2 " x 6’ 10”
- Date of Manufacture: 3rd Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: Western China
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use