4’ 3” x 5’ 9” A beautiful Kerman Lavar rug with Tree of life design from the 4th quarter of the 1800s. The main field is midnight blue with a central cypress tree with a beautiful magenta color flanked by birds and flowering vases beneath a curved arch. The top of the field contains spandrels in pale sage green. There is an ivory meandering border with flower design throughout. The colors in this rug are astonishingly beautiful and unique including magenta, pink, yellow, pale green, midnight blue, purple, and red. Lavar is a village near the city of Kerman on the edge of the great desert in South East Persia. Lavar carpets are world-renowned for their beauty in design and colors used which this carpet well represents.
- Dimensions: 4’ 3” x 5’ 9”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: SE Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation with vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use