3’ 6” x 9’ 5” This beautiful Kurdish runner was weaved by the Kurdish tribes in the western Persia around the late 1800s. The paisley pattern on the blue background with a predominantly rust color border makes this a unique rug. The addition of figural design of a man and woman adds to the uniqueness and artistic value of this small gem. It most likely was a wedding gift given by the father of the bride to the young couple. The rug has a signature date of 1890.
- Dimensions: 3’ 6” x 9’ 5”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quater of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: NW Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Some repairs. Worn.
Product inquires or to make an offer