4’ 2” x 6’ 2” A wonderful little gem from the village of Malayer in NW Persia from the late 1800s. The rug has a beautiful elongated medallion set in a pale yellow diamond shape field. The medallion has a navy blue ground with small designs in red, green, blue, and cream colors. The corner spandrels are in navy blue. The border is navy blue with designs in French blue, green, yellow, and red. The use of organic vegetable dyes and the resulting abrash colors add to the grace and beauty of the rug.
- Dimensions: 4’ 2” x 6’ 2”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: NW Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation with organic dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use. Repairs